Here you can find full document in PDF: AHRE Joint UPR Submission on Ethiopia
- CIVICUS is a global alliance of civil society organisations (CSOs) and activists dedicated to strengthening citizen action and civil society around the world. Founded in 1993, CIVICUS has members in more than 170 countries.
- The Association for Human Rights in Ethiopia (AHRE) is a non-governmental, non-partisan and not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the advancement of human rights in Ethiopia. AHRE is registered and based in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) is an independent, non-profit organisation that champions press freedom across the world. Founded in 1981, CPJ campaigns for the right of journalists to report the news without fear of reprisal.
- DefendDefenders (The East and Horn of Africa Human Rights Defenders Project) is a regional CSO which seeks to strengthen the work of human rights defenders throughout the East and Horn of Africa.
- PEN International is an international NGO founded in 1921 with PEN centres in over 100 countries. PEN works to defend freedom of expression and writers at risk around the world.
- Article 19 was founded in 1987 and defends freedom of expression and information worldwide, including in 14 Eastern African countries through a Kenya-based office.
- Consortium of Ethiopian Rights Organisations (CERO) is a consortium of five Ethiopian charities working on advocacy of human rights and democratic governance.
- Access Now is an international organisation that works to defend and extend digital rights of users globally, including through its digital security helpline.